At Leftwich Religious Education (RE) is delivered in a way that every child can access and ensures every child knows that all views are respected.
RE teaching at Leftwich helps children to:
- acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of world faiths
- develop an understanding of the influences of beliefs, values and traditions in individuals, communities, societies and cultures.
- enhance spiritual, moral and cultural development
- develop an awareness of fundamental life questions and respond according to personal experience, beliefs and values
- cultivate thoughtful self-expression and philosophical thinking skills
- aspire tolerance and nurture mutual respect
- empathise, evaluate, question, relate and express
- look at the world with an inquisitive and unbiased perspective
- develop a sense of awe and wonder
The curriculum is planned alongside the syllabus for Cheshire West Schools which was launched in July 2019.